Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Theresa's Baptism

Hi! How is everybody back home? Good I hope... glad to hear that Jake's tumor wasn't cancerous.  Sounds like you all are living the life and enjoying summer! We are having a good time here as well. The heat is certainly starting to set in, and we are more motivated than ever to progress the work here. 
We had a baptism on Saturday of a sister that I taught in my last area.  It's only about 15 minutes from where I am now, so that's convenient.  Plus, I've been able to continue to teach her a little bit as we've gone on exchanges with those sisters. It's been great.  Her husband Oscar, was baptized 20 years ago, and has been less active for about 19 years.  Long story short, we got him coming back to church, he felt the spirit and kept coming, brought his kids.... and Saturday was able to baptize his wife Theresa.  I was asked to give the talk on the holy ghost, and I could barely get through it, because the spirit was so strong. There is something uniquely special about convert baptisms.  You feel heaven so close. It's a reminder to me every time of just how essential baptism is, and how sacred it is when we make covenants with God.
We had three investigators at church on Sunday, plus we got to see the broadcast... wasn't that amazing? Grandma said she cried through a lot of it.... I think I was right there along with her.  It was just soooo good! Makes me want to be a missionary forever!
Sister Moon and I have been staying super busy with our exchanges, and we are seeing so many miracles as we go in and blitz the area's of the sisters we work with. There are just so many people out there who are ready for the gospel.
President Perry leaves this week.  I am so sad to see him go.  We get our new mission president, President Wilson, on Thursday.  I am excited for this new chapter of the mission though, and looking forward to learning and being led by President and Sister Wilson.
Well, I love you all so much - hope you have a good week!
love love love,
Sis Skousen



On a side note;  Thanks again for the package you sent with the pic for Katie... and the gummy bears. They all melted together, and I told everyone that my mom sent me a gummy bear steak.
 
It was delicious.   :)


No comments:

Post a Comment