Monday, June 17, 2013

George Washington

Here I am casually hugging George Washington....
 
And again inside St Johns church where Patrick Henry gave his "give me liberty or give me death" speech.  We got to hear the reenactment last Monday.... it was amazing!
 
Also I attached a picture of me and my companions - sis Pond and sis Moon - at the Jefferson Hotel. 
 
Don't let all the P-Day pictures fool you - we work hard! :)
 
As a follow up to last week - We had a miracle in that, after James's blessing, he found out that the cancer is GONE. I guess the odds of that are pretty slim.  It's neat because of how the Lord was really pushing for that blessing to happen, so much that he prompted many of us and aligned things perfectly.  So James is cancer free!  Miracle!
 
Also as a follow up on Shawn, where they thought they would have to do 2 surgeries with her, they only had to do the one.  That was really good news. The power of the priesthood is real.  It truly is God's power on earth, and it is here to bless us...most of the time not to take away suffering completely, but to allow us to feel the power of our Heavenly Father and to align our faith with his will for us. There is great comfort and strength in that eternal truth.  It is one of the greatest blessings of the restored gospel, and I am thankful to have it so prevalent in my life. I am humbled and full of gratitude for a dad who lives and honors his priesthood.  Who never, at any point in my life, has been unable to exercise his priesthood on demand because he lives worthy of that sacred responsibility and trust.  Likewise, I am blessed to have brothers who stand as stalwart and righteous examples of priesthood power.  It's not an easy road - but the ability to call upon the powers of heaven is a most sacred privilege.  I love you all so much! The church is true. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't.
 
Love,
Sister Skousen




No comments:

Post a Comment