Monday, June 10, 2013

Bed bugs!

Thanks family!  I was glad to hear about Jake's Patriarchal Blessing.  You know it was in my patriarchal blessing that i had a strong prompting that I would serve a mission.  But he never came out and said it, but it was strong and I knew it.  I've remembered it all these years because it was so clear.  And when 21 came and went I thought that I was wrong and that it wasn't real.  But, obviously it was :).
The musical fireside went really well.  I wish I could attach a video for you... but I can't seem to make it work.  I actually ended up singing a song  I wrote, and arranging two more for the fireside.  One I just accompanied, and the other I accompanied and sang with someone else.  I told them they weren't allowed to put my name on the program more than once, because I didn't want it to be the "skousen show".  I worry about that sometimes.  But all of their people kept falling through last minute and so they needed a ton of help.  It turned out great though, we had a few non members there, and several people told me how they cried all through the song I wrote, followed up with requests for a digital copy when I get home.  So that made me feel like a million bucks.
James and susan are coming along great.  Susan is a little more so than James.  The problem with him is that he is analytical to a fault.  I think she'd be in the water next week, but he's got a little further to go.  He just has a lot of questions and over thinks everything.  But I'm certain he will get there.  And when he does, he'll be the next EQ pres.

We had transfer calls last night, and president is giving us a third companion to take care of.   We have a lot on our plate and we travel a ton, and it will just be ineteresting to see how it all plays out.

In other news - we have been dealing with bedbugs.  The sisters before in this apartment had them and didn't take care of them, so we have been.  It's seriously been the hardest thing! I haven't been able to sleep at night because i feel bugs, so I stay up, and... well... I found a safe place to sleep finally where the bugs couldn't get me.  I'll attach a picture.... being short has it's perks sometimes.
That's all for now!  Love, Sister Skousen


No comments:

Post a Comment