Monday, April 22, 2013

Pictures


Hey everyone! First of all - new rule - I no longer need permission to email outside of my family.  Anyone can send me emails, and I can recieve from anyone also.  That's exciting.  This week was probably one of the best I've had in this area.  I got the chance to go back up to Harrisonburg for Mindy and Andrew's sealing party.  They got sealed in the temple for time and all eternity on April 20th! They are so happy.  It was amazing to get to see them and spend time with them.  They are so strong, and can see clearly the blessings of the temple.  It makes me so happy to see them make these sacred covenents and recieve the blessings that come along with it. 
 Inline image 1
 
While we were in Harrisonburg, we also got to see a few people.  Darlene and Angie are people we taught when we were there.  I loved getting to go back to my first area, it was awesome.  
 
Inline image 2 
 
Angie told me how much I had changed her life, and how she will always remember me because of an experience we had together - it was simple, but she said that I took her burdan from her, and throughout her time in jail she remembered it and kept seeing my face and remembering that moment, and it made her want to find God.  She cried and I cried and it was just really good.  It probably sounds cheesy repeating it... but honestly, those are the moments I live for.  Most of the time I believe that any missionary could do what I'm doing where I'm at, but sometimes you get those tender mercies and those certain people that needed you specifically - and that makes it all worth it.
 
In other news - maybe you heard that the church is implimenting something called "mission leadership council" which is going to replace "zone leader council".  This means that sisters are going to have leadership roles like that of a zone leader.  (see here :http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/church-adjusts-mission-organization-implement-mission-leadership-council)  Anyways, it just started this transfer.... and I got called to be a sister training leader.  I'm really excited about it.  I know who my companion is, and good news - she's not crazy.  I'll be responsible for the sisters in 2 different zones, we go on exchanges and train them 2x every week, so I'll be very busy and traveling a LOT.  I'll be transferred to a place in North West Richmond area called Gayton, so I'll send you my new address when I get it.  For now, everything can still be sent to the mission home address which is :
 
9327 Midlothian Tpke
Ste 1-B
Richmond, VA 23235
 
We are finally seeing some real progress with our investigators here.  One of them has been working with missionaries for a very long time and never once attended church.  We had a lesson this week that was really good, and the spirit was strong, and I made a very important promise to her and her family.  I promised them that certain things they needed would be taken care of if they came to church.  And guess what - they did.  All of them.  This cute little family all together in church.  And what's more amazing, is that the promise was and is being fufilled.  God always keeps His promises.  I can feel Him working through me.  I strive for exact obedience in all things, and I love being a part of this work.  There is nothing more rewarding than helping people come unto Christ.  I see miracles every single day.  I am going to be sad to leave this area - it's been amazing.  The gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored and it will cover the earth, because it is being guided by His hand.  I promise you that if it wasn't, I would have screwed it up by now.  I love it.  I love being here, and I love feeling Him in my life they way I do in the mission field.  He is my Master and my King and it is my privilage to serve at this time and in this place. 
 
I love you all, and thank you so much for your support and prayers.  They are needed and felt. 
 
Love, Sister Skousen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment