Tuesday, May 14, 2013

April 29, 2013


Hi everybody! This week was transfer week. It was really good - I am so happy to be with my new companion sister Moon!  She is amazing, and I love her a lot.  It was hard saying goodbye to my old area and investigators I was teaching, but I am still in the same stake (Richmond) so I'm hopeful to see them around. 
 
We have a lot of responsibilites with our new callings as Sister Training Leaders.  I'm not sure what all it will entail, but we will find out at our big meeting on wednesday.  So I'm looking forward to that.  I do know that we cover all the sisters in the Richmond half of the mission, and we will be going on exchanges and training other sisters twice per week.  A lot of travel is involved - but it will be fun. 
 
Sister Moon and I work really well together.  We have just started teaching a few people, and even in our street contacts and things like that, we build on each other really well.  I am so excited to get to work with her.  She is awesome.
 
I have been a little overwhelmed at the responsibility that is on my shoulders, and the eyes that will be on me.  But, I am not stressed.  I know that 2 Nephi 2:24 is truth.  "All things have been done in the wisdom of Him who knoweth all things."I know that the Lord is in charge of this work, and that he is working hard on scuplting me into the person He needs me to be.  And I am doing my best to become just that. I know that with obedience comes peace - which is perhaps the greatest blessing we can ask for.
 
I am so grateful to be serving in this place, at this time, with all of you as support behind me.  I am so happy to be serving the Lord here - and to be assisting in His work and His glory (Moses 1:39). 
 
I love you all so much, and I hope you have a great week! 
 
Love Sister Skousen
 
PS - I forgot to bring my new address -  so you can still send things to me at
9327 Midlothian Tpke Ste 1-B
Richmond, VA 23235

 
 Inline image 1
This is us with the Delgado Family who we were teaching.  I was sad to say goodbye to them.
 
We went and toured the state capitol last monday.... it was lots of fun!
Inline image 4 Inline image 3 

No comments:

Post a Comment