Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Conference week!


Dear Family,

CONFERENCE WAS AWESOME.  I absolutely loved it.  I agree with you mom on President Packer... I had the thought wondering if this was his last conference.  His testimony was powerful. I really loved Elder Holland.  He's always a favorite! He said "HOPE ON... JOURNEY ON.... and FIRST AND FOREVER FAN THE FLAME OF YOUR FAITH." And how we need to "BE NOT AFRAID, ONLY BELIEVE." The gospel is the light that leads and the power to heal.  I really loved Dallin H. Oaks's talk where he pulled in the hymn Come Follow Me which is my favorite hymn.  He encouraged daily kneeling prayers as a family, which makes me reflect on the many nights I was called to family prayer.  It's a blessing beyond measure.  He said that following Christ was not a casual or occasional practice, and Jesus' teachings are not just theoretical - they are meant to be acted upon.  He also talked about forgiveness, which is always a needed topic for me.  I am just reminded that the Savior stands always, arms stretched out, inviting us to follow Him. 

I love the Lord, and I am so grateful for the work in which I get to be a part of.  I am learning how to be a better disciple of Christ.  I am learning what sacrifice really is.  I am learning what the phrase "exercising your faith" really means.  I am learning how to love, I am learning to forgive.  Most of all I am being taught that there is, in reality, a loving Father in Heaven who's power is real, who's love is real.  I have a Savior who, because of what he did, knows me personally.  I feel a power beyond my own - not imaginary or made up - but real, every single day as I strive for exact obedience and help to to assist the Lord in this great work.  It is the most incredible blessing.  
Thank you, Love you, tell everyone I say hi and that I love them.

Love,
Sister Skousen

No comments:

Post a Comment