Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Transfer week/Fireside! March 11

Hi Family! 

This week has been so good.  Sister Tarwater and I have been working really hard on our music event we had sunday night, and it was a big success.  We had so many non-members and less actives there, it was fantastic! One of the people that came said that her only complaint was that now she wants to know more about Joseph Smith! And another asked for a book of Mormon, because she wanted to accept our invitation to read and pray about it.  Cool huh?  Sister Pond (another sister missionary here) and I arranged a version of "Awake and Arise" hymn #8 in the hymnbook and we sung it there, and I also arranged a version of "Nearer My God To Thee" that all the missionaries sang.  I am so happy it went well, and that we were able to teach so many people about the blessing of the restored gospel in one night.  A member thanked us for providing a great and easy way for them to share the gospel.  Katie and Bradley and Lon and Raleigh all participated! We have the whole thing on video - so I'll show you one of these days. :) 

In other news, I'm being transferred to Chickahommeny in Richmond! I am so sad.... SOOOO SAD to leave Smithfield.  I love it here!  Oh and also, I'm training...again!!!! Oh boy. I'm nervous but excited.  We have 11 new sisters coming in.  I have only had one transfer out of training that I haven't been training a missionary!  Sometimes I still feel like I know nothing. 

Well I have to go! Love you all so much! 

Sis Skousen




No comments:

Post a Comment