Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Highlight of my mission....

My dear family!  This weekend was probably the highlight of my entire mission.  I don't think that it could have possibly been any better. There is absolutely no joy I have experienced in my life that compares!  Katies baptism was on Saturday, and her wedding was on Sunday, and it was all just so beautiful.  I felt really bad about not being at church for our first sunday in a new ward, so I went on an exchange so my new greenie could go to our ward and I could go to the wedding and baptism. So, sister Wride and I drove from Richmond early Saturday morning to be there.  The spirit was so strong, I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost, and there were so many people who came we had to have it in the chapel.  Katie was glowing, she was so happy.  Her mom and sister were there from Texas, and they felt the spirit, and asked me to send missionaries to them - which I did today.  I taught Katie's sister in the chapel after the service and she said that there was no doubt in her mind that it was true, and she couldn't wait to go home to texas so she could go to church! I don't even have words to tell you how amazing it all was.  We all just cried, because in all reality the series of events that led to that day were miraculous, and they were a result of many prayers.  The wedding on Sunday was beautiful also.  Katie and Bradley are so happy.    I will tell you more.  But my time is short and I have to go! Love you so much.  The church is true and it changes lives.  It is light in dark places. Love you all have a great week!

Love,
Sis Skousen





No comments:

Post a Comment