Monday, July 29, 2013

Obedience

 This week was alright for us. I had a little run in with a hot glass pan - see attached photo - I figure I can use it as a plead for members to feed the missionaries.  Look what happens when we try to feed ourselves! ha.
 
We teach the restored gospel in five bullet points, Faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end.  I'm really learning the endure to the end part right now. I'm trying to finish strong, and to keep running full speed. I love this work and everything about it.  Sometimes it's hard when you don't see things go the way you want them to, or you see people you love make choices that diliberately counter happiness... but I guess that's life isn't it? I'm learning.  I'm learning to be more compassionate, to be a better teacher, to really focus on what people need and try to help them, and most of all I'm learning how to be a better instrument in His hands. Obedience is the key to everything.  It's the first law of heaven. And the better we learn it here, the better off we will be.
 
Love you, hope you all have a good week. No more vacations with out me! :) I should know next week exactly what day in October I'll be home. I'll keep you posted.
 
Love
sis Skousen


No comments:

Post a Comment