Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter!


Dear Family,
 
Miracles happen.  I see them with my own eyes in every facet and aspect of the missionary work.  This week has been full of ups and downs but, the rollar coaster is what makes it fun.  The high for this week was the news that, not only is Katie's sister Kim and her son getting baptized April 14th... but her mom is also!  I had such a great opportunity to get to know them, and to share my testimony with them while they were here for the baptism and wedding.  After they left, I called the mission office and sent in their referrals to have missionaries stop by... and now they are getting baptized!  What's more, is that Katie and Bradley are going to wait until April to get sealed, so that Kim and Brenda, their mom, can be there too.  The whole family in the temple - can you imagine? I wait for that day with so much excitement and anticipation. 
 
I quote Alma 26 - when Ammon says..." behold I say unto you, how great reason have we to rejoice; for could we have supposed when we started ...that God would have granted unto us such great blessings?....what great blessings has he bestowed upon us? ....Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren (and sistren)... were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work..."
 
"Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."
 
I understand more every week and every day why I was called on a misison.  To be an instrument in the hands of the Almighty in spreading this message of peace and love and hope is the most incredible work I could ever hope to be engaged in.  I love you all, and I echo Josh's invitation to really get something out of conference - let's do it together.  I love you family - and I'm grateful to leave you for a little while, because I know I have you forever.
 
Love,
sister Skousen

Here's us at Easter! And my new greenie companion, Sister Barnes!  :)
Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment