Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Big News! February 25, 2013

Hi everybody! So did you hear the big news?!?!  THEY ARE SPLITTING MY MISSION!  That's right, I'm surprised that nobody commented about it... it's kind of a big deal.  Whichever area we are in the last transfer in June will determine which mission we are in, the Virginia Richmond mission or the Chesapeake Virginia Mission.  It will split July 1. Exciting! 

In other news, we found a new investigator this week.  We were just walking down the street and had a feeling to knock on the door of this house, and we did, and to my surprise she let us in.  It's kinda rare to find people who live in big houses that want to listen to us... but this lady is super prepared and ready.  She said she's been going to a Methodist church and always felt like there was something more... and just has a lot of insights and knows how to feel the spirit.  When we told her about the first vision she said she had chills all over her body and she knew it was true.  I read to her the intro to the B of M and she just looked at me with big, wide eyes and said that she could feel it from her head to her toes.  I have never had an experience quite like it.  She had so many good questions and we were able to answer them.  She wants us to come back and teach her, and she also said that she wants her whole family to be taught.  COOL.  The Lord truly guides and directs us, and is mindful of people individually!!

 I just love Katie and Bradley! They are the best!! And I know we'll be friends forever. 

Well, I'll be bouncing around a little bit this week, working in a few different areas, so it should be good.  I hope dad gets feeling better!!! I had no idea he was having this huge extensive surgery on his foot.  Crazy.  Also, not to be a whinny baby... but I would love to get some letters from my friends and family!  Our email time just got cut mission wide, so I really don't have time to respond to personal emails... but LETTERS I do have time for.  You can even type them and send them in the mail.  Or dear elder!  I wish you could all know just how much it makes my day and gives me a boost when I get a letter.  Just throwing that out there! :) :) I love you all and I'm grateful for what you do for me.  The church is true and the Lord loves us and is aware of us! 

Love,
Sis Skousen

No comments:

Post a Comment