Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hi Everyone!

Hi Everyone!

First of all, I'd like to point out that while I'm trying to think of creative ways to kill black mold and seal up the spider holes with duct tape... most of my family is on the beach in Costa Rica, surfing and looking at Lemurs.  Boy how things have changed.  This week has been a little slow.  I got really sick for like two days.  We had to cancel a couple appointments, and by doing so we offended some people, and I feel really bad about it cause it was my fault, but I was seriously so sick.  Anyways... 

The best news is that we have Elena's Baptism this week!  I'm really excited for that.  We had some crazy developments with our only potential investigator at the moment... to make a long story short she got put in the slammer.  So we are just really trying to build the area and find people to teach.  

Last P-Day we went to a place called Sharp Shopper... it's a grocery outlet store.  If you've never heard of that before, it's because you live in Draper.  It was great, cause we got lots of crappy food for really cheap.  Just kidding, it wasn't all crappy... just most of it.  In other news, we played chair soccer.  Yep, we are inventing games as well.  It's pretty fun, one day when i have more time and energy, I'll explain it to you.  We also went blowling with Elena!  I attached a picture. She wanted to see us in our "normal clothes".  She always asks questions about our "real life" it's so funny.  She is awesome and I can't even tell you how much I just love her!  She is thinking of going to BYU, and I hope she does, because then she will be in Utah about the time I get home and I'll get to see her.  

We had a tri-ward BBQ this week, and that was pretty fun.  We got to meet some people and play soccer and stuff.  I didn't really play cause I was getting over being sick... but I took some pictures.  I attached one of me and my companion Sis Wride and Elena.

The furniture is seriously the worst - yesterday, my companion was sitting on the chair, and it broke in half.  Like it just snapped down the middle.  It was hilarious. 

We also live with 2 other sisters, Sis England and Sis Friden.  Sis Friden is my favorite (she's the brunette).  I guess she went to a dance with Donny in high school?  Weird... anyways. he also dyed my hair this week.  I guess that was exciting.   I attached photos.

Sorry this letter is kind of lame, it's been a crazy hectic week.  They want us to build a new branch out here... there is SO much work to do.  We are working hard though.  Can't wait to hear about the big trip and see pictures.  Also that's cool Jared is killin it in Texas.  I love you all and tell people to write me letters, cause mail pretty much makes my day.  Or at least I assume it would... I don't really get any.... anyways!  I'll try to write a better letter next week.  Love you all!

Sister Skousen



No comments:

Post a Comment